The New South Wales Branch has a number of awards each year as follows:
- Honours prize or equivalent - best graduating student as judged by the physics department.
- Bragg Medal - best PhD thesis. Each university can submit their student's best PhD theses to their state branch only. The best two from NSW will be sent to be judged nationally.
- Jak Kelly Award - this award was created in honour of Professor Jak Kelly (1928-2012), who was the Head of Physics at The University of New South Wales from 1985 to 1989, was made an Honorary Professor of University of Sydney in 2004, and was President of the Royal Society of NSW in 2005 and 2006. Past winners.
- NSW Community Outreach Physics Award - the Award will be awarded to individuals that seek to achieve activities that engage our community and contribute to public engagement within physics. The Award is open to everyone in NSW and will consist of a $1000 monetary award, and a framed certificate citing the achievements of the individual. Past winners.
- These Awards are proudly supported by Laboratories Credit Union (LCU).